New World Standard vs. Deluxe Edition: Which one to buy?
If you are thinking about purchasing New World MMORPG you have to decide between Standard and Deluxe editions. This guide will tell you what the differences between these versions are and will help you to make a wise choice.
Both editions can be purchased from either Amazon or Steam. Keep in mind, that if you buy the game on Amazon you will receive a Steam key anyway which you will need to activate in Steam client later on. The difference in price between Standard and Deluxe editions is just 10$.
Here is what you will receive in both versions:
- Closed Beta access. Every player who has made a pre-order will get into Beta automatically. Forget about that Alpha keys giveaways…
- Isabella’s amulet. It gives you extra damage when fighting against certain types of supernatural enemies and also gives an additional constitution to weather attacks. It’s a nice piece of jewelry for early game stages when you don’t have too much gear.
- Unique title. All the players who pre-order the game receive the “Expedition One” title.
- Fist Bump emote.
- Guild crest set. Three unique guild crests featuring axes, muskets, and armor.
Here are the EXCLUSIVE bonuses for Deluxe Edition owners. These bonuses are available only to the players who purchase the deluxe edition of the New World MMORPG:
- Woodsman armor skin. It's a cosmetic item that turns your appearance into a woodsman.
- Woodsman hatchet skin. A special skin for the hatchet. Cosmetic thing.
- Mastiff house pet. The pet becomes available after you purchase a house. It will be guarding your home and it looks like you will not be able to take it out of the house.
- Rock/Paper/Scissors emote set. Just a set of new emotes.
- New World digital art book. A collection of incredible concept art from the making of the New World.
As you see, all the things you receive in the Deluxe edition are not “pay-to-win”. You will not receive any in-game advantage if you purchase it. You will just receive some cosmetic stuff, a nice-looking pet, emotes, and digital artbook (which will eventually be available for downloading on the internet sooner or later).
Is the Deluxe edition worth the money? It’s you to decide. Paying $10 for some cosmetics and a pet is not too much. But still, if you are limited in money you will not lose anything if you go with a Standard edition. You will get the same game and you will not feel like someone has an advantage over you.
As for me, I have bought the deluxe version simply because I want to know everything about the game. If I wasn’t an admin of the New World related website I would most likely go with a standard edition.
Q: Is there a way to upgrade to a more expensive version to receive all the possible cosmetics?
A: Right now, there is no information about this. We can assume that there will be an in-game shop where you will be able to purchase that cosmetic stuff. But most likely, you will have to pay more than $10 to get those skins, pet and emotes.
You need to login to create comments.
Are you a Clan Leader?
List your company on our website to get members.Recruit players