« Created on: July 31, 2020, 05:12:01 am »

Offline Killter

Hello guys! Today I received a private message on Twitter from a fellow player. He could not run New World because of this error:

No product information found, cannot initialize Game. Please contact Customers Service for this product.

If you also see the same error, try to reboot the PC and run New World right after the reboot. I also get this error sometimes, and the reboot always helps.
« Reply #1 Created on: August 01, 2020, 12:06:22 am »

Offline Nakauri

I have seen this error since receiving the New World alpha for steam. It has never been able to launch for me via steam (IE back in June).  I tried again today after updating the game and validating the files but still have this issue. Restarting did not help.

I wonder if this is an issue with New World having previously been installed via the amazon launcher? Or an issue with steam? Or some of the steam codes not having valid account information? I don't know. All I know is I guess no testing!
« Reply #2 Created on: August 01, 2020, 01:06:54 am »

Offline cequecemel

Same issue here. I've been able to initialize the game one time (not the first try), but since it i'm getting the same error reported here. Already tried to Verify integrity and restarting my pc, didn't helped.
« Reply #3 Created on: August 01, 2020, 01:33:53 am »

Offline Nakauri

As an update, after checking the official forums, some other fixes recommended were booting the game from a desktop shortcut instead of steam, or turning off IPv6. These also did not work. However the devs confirmed the game is not stable or supported for windows 7, 8 or Insider Previews. I am on the Insider Preview with build 20180 rerelease.200725-1714 like others on the official forum who could not boot. So it is likely an issue with New World not being compatible with Windows.

I will not be uninstalling Windows for it but maybe somebody else would like to. If you've recently started the Insider Preview you can rollback within 10 days.